Upside-Down Bowling

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Aus. Yes, this song has been sung a time or two (or twenty) so far on our trip. Desi and I somehow manage to relate some lyrics to whatever is going on during the day -- a true life musical.

We're having a late start to the day -- it's 11 AM, and the ball is only now rolling. We went to one of Peter and Johns' friend's house last night for his birthday celebration. They all played beer pong, which was brought over by Peter, John and their friend Tim Page from their travels to America. Apparently it caught on pretty quickly and their entire group of friends love it -- too funny. They were shocked that a Texan (moi) had never played before. After a few hours at Tom's house, we hopped in cabs and went to "the city." We went to the Civic Lounge, where blearing techno music played for the entire duration of our stay. I am not normally a dancer, and absolutely never a good one, but last night I decided that since I knew only about eight people at the Civic Lounge, that I should just go ahead and let loose. Let's just say, I'm glad that nobody was video taping my uncoordinatedness. But I had a blast, and besides the awful music, I say that last night was one of my favorite "going out" nights of my life -- and although the number of those nights are severely limited, that's still saying a lot.

Yesterday was a rainy, rainy day in Sydney, so we did what our little group does best -- bowl. I have gone bowling with the boys on numerous occasions -- random outings, Brittany's birthday bowling, farewell bowling, you name it. We drove to the AMF bowling center (same brand as back home) and played two games, and as much as I hate to admit it, I lost twice. Ugh. I told the boys that I just can't bowl upside down (even snapped a picture of in a handstand with a bowling ball to emphasize the difficulty). After bowling, we came back, ate lunch, then went for a long drive along the beaches, stopping at a beautiful restaurant that has scenic views over the ocean. We had a glass of wine and sat chatting while watching the sunset (at like 4:30, it's bizarre). So many pictures have been taken -- I love my new camera (thanks mom and dad!).

We're off to Peter's "footie" game -- must jet!
Love from Aus,
Ails

0 comments: